Joint Collector Functions
- Hear the appeals of Deputy Tahsildars against the punishment awarded by Revenue Divisional Officers.
- Review the tours and grant Casual leave to Gazetted Officers.
- Deal with the Disciplinary cases against Gazetted Officers and Deputy Tahsildars.
- Sanction T.A. Bills of Gazetted Officers.
- Sanction of loans to Government servants for House Building and purchasing of Vehicles
- Sanction of General Provident Fund (G.P.F) and to Government servants.
- Grant Leave to Deputy Tahsildars.
- Decide on the transfers and posting of Deputy Tahsildars.
- Deal with the service matters relating to Deputy Tahsildars (Subject to the condition that the Collector can interfere with the orders if he so chooses)
- Maintain Personal files of Deputy Tahsildars.
Planning and development :
Act under The Andhra Pradesh Municipalities Act, 1965(Andhra Pradesh Act No 6 of 1965) Irrigation major and minor:
Exercise powers under the following acts
- The Andhra Pradesh (Telangana Area) Land Revenue Act, 1317 Fasli.
- The Construction of tanks and Kuntas in patta lands Rules, 1950.
Adverse seasonal conditions:
Deal with the correspondence relating to Flood, Famine and other natural calamities
Completely in charge of the Civil Supplies work. Oversee Rice Mills and issue original licenses. In this capacity derive the powers from the relevant acts
Pertaining to Civil Supplies Department.
- Seek powers under Criminal Procedure Code.
- Enquire into cases of torture by police.
- Deal with bench Courts and appoint special Bench Magistrates and all other stipendiary magistrates.
- Hear the appeals against acquittal by Criminal Courts.
- Be an investiture of Magisterial Powers.
- Act as per The Indian Citizenship Act, 1955 (Central Act VII of 1955) Domicile and Nationality Certificates.
- Look into emigration matters.
- Review the situation in SubJails.
- Act under The Evacuee Property Act
- Rehabilitate displaced persons from West Pakistan, Burma, Ceylon and Mozambique repatriates.
- Act as per The Press and Registration of Books Act. (Act. XXV of 1867)
Perform such duties that Collector assigns in connection with V.I.P visits.
- Inspect offices of revenue divisional officers and special deputy collectors.
- Do random inspection of subordinate officers.
Legal Matters Monitor the Suits and review all Legal Cases.
Small Savings Review the Collections under Small Savings and motivate the functionaries to convince the public to invest in small savings.
Decide on the following type of leases
- Lankas Leases including Kolleru Leases under Lankas Lease Rules and Kolleru Lease Rules respectively.
- Secunderabad Lease Lands under Secunderabad Land Administrative Rules.
- Leases of Railway Lands.
- All other Leases.
Land revenue and loans:
(i) Land Revenue.
- Deal with Jamabandi and correspondence relating to Jamabandi
- Hear Jamabandi Appeals in Andhra Area.
- Hear appeals and Petitions under Revenue Recovery Act (Act II of 1864)
- The Andhra Pradesh Rent and Revenue Sales Act (Act VII of 1839)
- Perform the duties and exercise powers as Additional Collector under section 6(a) of the Andhra Pradesh (T.A) Land Revenue Act for Telangana only.
- Review the Record of Rights Work.
- Review the Land Acquisition work under The Land Acquisition Act (Central Act I of 1894). Inspect the Lands under acquisition; Scrutinize the Valuation statements and Awards.
Assignment and transfer of land:
- Assignment of Lands, House sites (Political sufferers also)
- Transfer of land from one Classification to another.
- Transfer of Land from one department to another.
Act under The Andhra Pradesh Bhoodan and Gramdhan Act, 1965 (Act XII of 1965).
- Alienation of Government Lands.
Pass orders under Estates Abolition Act 1948
Act under The Andhra Pradesh Land Encroachments Act(Act III of 1905).
Empowered to act under
- The Andhra Pradesh Cinemas (Regulation Rules 1962)
- The Andhra Pradesh Cinemas (Regulation Act, 1955)
Encourage social forestry and deal with cases coming under relevant forest acts and rules. Land reforms:
Pass orders under
- The Andhra Pradesh (Telangana Area) Tenancy and Agricultural Lands (Amendments) Act, 1964 (Act No. 6 of 1964).
- Andhra Tenancy Act, 1956.
- A.P.L.R(COAH) Act, 1973
- The Andhra Pradesh Occupants of Homesteads (Conferment of Ownership) Act, 1976 Act 21 of 1976.
- The Andhra Pradesh Inams Abolition Act, 1956.
Mines and minerals:
Decide on Mining Leases, Licenses and certificate of approval for major and minor minerals and mines under the The Mines Act, 1952.and other concerned acts.
Deal with fire accident cases and over see the rehabilitation.
Miscellaneous acts and subjects: In addition to the above activities function as per the powers conferred by the following acts
- The Income Tax Act.
- The Sales Tax Act.
- The Andhra Pradesh (Telangana Area) Atiyat Enquiries Act.